Thursday, June 28, 2007
I am so excited! Ok, I am laying on the couch minding my own business (sleeping) when Zoe goes bananas as she tends to do at every odd person who happens by our house. I look up and lo and behold, the mail-lady has just left the most beautiful package on our front porch. It is like a perfect cube covered in brown paper, several lovely red stamps, and star-shaped stickers sprinkled all over it. If only my girl would come home NOW so she would bring it inside and we could open it! I would take a picture of it through the window for you, but .....well you know how I am about cameras (see previous post).
I will keep you updated!
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
I hate having my picture taken! If anyone walks into the same room as I carrying anything that might look like a camera (even if is turned off and not pointed at me) scares me. I immediately have to leave the room. This makes it particularly difficult to add pictures of me to the blog. For instance, here is me sitting quietly watching over my yard looking for squirrels:
But once I spot my girl pointing her camera in my direction, here is me fleeing into some bushes so she cannot see me.
What can I say? I am a complicated doggie! Is anyone else camera-shy? Perhaps in a former life, I had a nasty run-in with an evil Paparazzi. "I just vaaaant to be alooooone!"
Monday, June 25, 2007
This is a Stuffie;
Sunday, June 24, 2007
2. Your age when came to live with your people? 5 years ago next November
5. How much do you weigh? A Scant 50 lbs. I need to lose another 5lbs.
6. Most expensive thing you’ve ever chewed up? I don’t chew things other than food! Now, Zoë on the other hand…!!!
7. Do you like other Dogs? I do like other dogs. I love to run and play and chase. I like them even better if they join me in my crusade to rid the world of evil squirrels.
8. Who is your best non-human friend? That would have to be Zoë. (Awwwww!)
9. Squeaky Toys or Tennis Balls? Squeaky Toys. I love to throw them up in the air.
10. Do you like to be brushed? Have you seen my coat? It requires a lot of maintenance from my girl. But she is the only one that I like to brush me.
11. Peanut Butter or Cheese? Peanut Butter!!
12. Do your people cut your toenails? Ha! I would like to see them try!
13. Any formal education? I have not had any formal training since living with my girl, but back then I had been pretty messed up psychologically. My girl was patient and worked with me everyday to help me blossom into the lovely dog I am today.
14. Couch potato or Energizer Bunny? I guess I am bi-polar because one could easily call me both!
15. Five nicknames your people call you. Sweetie, Annie-Bellie, The Fluffy One,
16. What is your best trick? I will howl for my food (between you and me that is not really a trick. My Girl thinks that it is, but frankly, I just want my food!). I will also sit and shake.
17. Do you like kitties? Sure, with some fava beans and a little Chianti!
18. What did you have for breakfast? Beef tips and kibble…and that last slice of bacon I swiped when nobody was looking.
19. Can you hunt (aka have you ever killed anything living)? I hunt squirrel. The fact that I have yet to kill one is a minor technicality!
20. When & why was the last time you went to the V.E.T.? 2 months ago for my shots…OW!
21. Where do you sleep at night? At the foot of the stairs leading up to my girl’s bedroom.
22. Do you like to swim? No, too much hair maintenance at stake.
23. Can you make puppies? I used to. I had 2 puppies with me and was taking care of them when we were rescued by Fuzzy Friends in Texas. But now I cannot have puppies anymore. I take care of Zoë instead.
24. Do you give kisses? Oh yes!!
Romeo here, (A.K.A. "The Cat who will not be named.") The girl and the dogs are away on a walk and I have taken over the laptop in a rebellious coup. The day is mine! Let me take this opportunity to put to rest some deliberate and self-agrandized untruths the dogs have put forth.
First of all, they are not "good dogs". They are smelly, dirty, and constantly panting. They chase me, lick me, steal my food, and the little one (Zoe) has the audacity to try to play with me.
Secondly, Cats Rule...not dogs. Cats! They are smarter, more dignified, walk to our own tune, do not require a leash, and most importantly, we do not require our human to walk after us cleaning up our poo!
Thirdly, the girl likes me best. Enough said about that.
Finally, these dogs have taken it upon themselves to make my life miserable. I get no moment's peace with all of the aforementioned panting and licking...I have not even started with the barking. What is with the barking?!! I have decided that I can take it no more. I have been here longer...way before the big white dog named Annebelle, and I will take back the girl and the house. Yes, I will prevail.
Oh no, dogs are back! Annebelle sees me on her blog. She looks mad. I must flee!!
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Anyway, I am touched that Annebelle was concerned about my psychological state, and thanks to all of Annebelle's friends for their kind words. We will soldier on.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Her friend and one of my favorite humans, Jim, would respond, "But Forty is the new Twenty!" This didn't seem to comfort my girl.
Now I don't know what it means to be "Forty" but it must be pretty bad to get my girl this upset. Gosh, I hope it never happens to me. What happens to you when you get forty-ed? More importantly, what I really want to know is when my girl does get forty-ed, how will that affect me? Will my comfort be disrupted in any way? Will still get my delicious food and walkies in the forest?
Someone please fill me in on what this "Forty" is and what happens when it happens to your human.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Can you guess what it is? It is a big ol' lump of butter! Ah, here is more evidence...
Here are some buttery pawprints leading away from the scene of the crime...