Monday, June 04, 2007

SQUIRRELS - 1432; ANNEBELLE - 0


The days are getting warmer and my girl still refuses to turn on the Air Conditioner (for those of you who don't know, an air conditioner is a device that make cool air blow out from the floor!). She insists on saving "energy" and waiting one more week. Now, I don't know what this "energy" is, but it must pretty important to interfere with my comfort.




Squirrel Update: As of today I have chased and captured as many as zero (o) squirrels. Not without trying of course! I lay on the porch and act like I am asleep, but really I am ready to spring forward. The nasty rodents will get cocky and venture down the tree trunks and into the yard...still I lay there like a stone...and wait. They get further into the yard and thus further away from the safety of the trees...still I wait. And just when the filthy invaders have relaxed, turned their backs to me, sure that they are safe to do whatever it is they do, I spring to life. I launch forward with the power of a lion and the grace of a gazelle! I run after them and get so close I can feel their tails whipping my nose as they run. Every time, however, they make it to their tree before me. Every time. Tonight will be my night, I am sure of it.

The problem is...I am really not sure what I am supposed to do if I actually catch one! Surely, I am not supposed to eat it! Ugh!! Do you know where that thing has been?

Above is a picture of "the other dog" Zoe. Sure, she is cute I guess; cute as a parasite. ;-) She insists on going everywhere I go, always on my heels, and afraid of everything.

No comments: